You are here
Board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and fellowship-trained in sports medicine, Dr. Phillip Hagan specializes in arthroscopic knee surgery, shoulder surgery, and the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions. Dr. Hagan joined Kansas Joint & Spine Specialists in 2004, and as an orthopaedic surgeon, he enjoys taking care of people and developing strong doctor-patient relationships to foster the best possible outcomes for his patients.
After receiving his doctor of medicine degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1986, Dr. Hagan completed his residency at The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita in 1991. He went on to complete his sports medicine fellowship at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics in Madison, Wisconsin, in 1992. His surgical expertise includes cartilage repair, ACL reconstruction, shoulder instability and labral repair, rotator cuff repair, and total shoulder replacement.
When he is not seeing patients or instructing in orthopaedics, Dr. Hagan pursues fitness and enjoys traveling and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Doctor of Medicine: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, Wichita, KS
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Kansas Orthopaedic Society
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society, Inc.
- Surgicare of Wichita, Governors’ Board
- The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, Orthopaedic Residency Program: Clinical Assistant Professor
- Wesley Family Medicine Residency Program: Orthopaedic Educator
- Butler County Community College
- Cowley College
- Friends University
- Southwestern College
- Bishop Carroll Catholic High School
- Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School
- Kansas Surgery & Recovery Center
- Surgicare of Wichita
- Wesley Medical Center