You are here
Dr. Ryan Stuckey is a fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who began practicing at Kansas Joint & Spine Specialists in 2013. Dr. Stuckey specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of back, neck, and spine injuries and conditions. He is committed to listening to every patient, giving his attention to each of his patients as long as they need. In addition, Dr. Stuckey prides himself in his focused team approach between patient and doctor, formulating a treatment plan that allows his patients to maintain or return to an active lifestyle.
Following his undergraduate studies at The University of Kansas, Dr. Stuckey worked for a year with orthopaedic surgeons at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. He then returned to Kansas to received his medical degree at The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, where he also completed his orthopaedic surgery residency in 2010 after a rotation at Shriners Hospitals for Children in St. Louis, Missouri. He completed his spine fellowship at the Texas Medical Center Spine Fellowship Program in Houston, Texas, in 2011, where he received further training in spinal trauma, spinal tumors, and complex spinal reconstruction.
Dr. Stuckey has published and presented a number of articles on the outcomes and treatment of thoracolumbar spine fractures and chondrosarcoma of the mobile spine and sacrum, including “Spine Boarding and On Field Management of Athletic Spine Trauma” and “Prolonged Bedrest as Adjuvant Therapy After Complex Reconstructive Spine Surgery.”
Dr. Stuckey enjoys spending his free time with family, as well as playing golf, running, water skiing, snow skiing, fishing, and hunting.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, With Distinction: The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, Wichita, KS
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, Wichita, KS
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Shriners Hospitals for Children, St. Louis, MO
- Spine Fellowship: Texas Medical Center – University of Texas Houston, Houston, TX
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Kansas Medical Society
- North American Spine Society
- Wesley Medical Center
- Via Christi Hospital St. Francis