You are here
A Wichita native, Dr. Thomas Sanders is an orthopaedic surgeon with fellowship training in sports medicine. He specializes in hip, knee, and shoulder arthroscopy as well as in sports medicine and joint replacement surgery, including ACL reconstruction, shoulder replacement, and knee replacement. Dr. Sanders is dedicated to providing his patients with advanced orthopaedic care and uses the latest evidence-based treatment options to get his patients back to enjoying their favorite sports and activities.
At Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, Dr. Sanders completed his undergraduate studies while also playing football for the university, graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. After graduating first in his class at medical school, Dr. Sanders completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, as well as fellowship training in sports medicine. During his fellowship, Dr. Sanders served as a team doctor for the Minnesota Timberwolves as well as the Minnesota Twins.
Dedicated to improving patient outcomes, Dr. Sanders has published over 35 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters on hip arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, patellar instability, cartilage repair, and joint replacement surgery. He also has presented his research at national and international orthopaedic conferences.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Kansas Surgery & Recovery Center
- Surgicare of Wichita
- Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital