You are here
As a board-certified and fellowship-trained general orthopaedic surgeon and adult trauma and reconstructive surgery specialist, Dr. Damion Walker provides a large scope of services to a wide variety of patients. Dr. Walker joined Kansas Joint & Spine Specialists in 2011. In his practice, he enjoys working closely with his patients, utilizing his training and experience not only to provide orthopaedic surgical care but also to improve his patients’ health and quality of life from a holistic approach.
After earning his medical degree at the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri, in 2002, Dr. Walker received his internship and residency training from Ohio University at the Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio. He later completed his orthopaedic trauma and reconstructive surgery fellowship at the Saint Louis University Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri, in 2008.
Dr. Walker specializes in general orthopaedics, trauma, minimally invasive fracture care, arthroscopy, and total joint reconstruction of the hip and knee.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Walker spends his spare time with his family and dedicating himself to fitness.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Southwestern College, Winfield, KS
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Traditional Osteopathic Internship: Grandview Medical Center, Ohio University, Dayton, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Grandview Medical Center, Ohio University, Dayton, OH
- Orthopaedic Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: Saint Louis University Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Board Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Kansas Orthopaedic Society
- Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital
- Kansas Medical Center
- Wesley Medical Center