You are here
A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with advanced fellowship training in adult reconstructive surgery, Dr. James Joseph specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee disorders with additional expertise in the field of total hip and knee joint replacement. He has served as an orthopaedic surgeon at Kansas Joint & Spine Specialists, and in his practice, Dr. Joseph is dedicated to providing the specialized care his patients deserve and helping them return to their favorite activities.
After graduating from medical school at the University of Colorado Anschutz School of Medicine in Aurora, Colorado, in 1984, Dr. Joseph went on to complete his residency at The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, Wesley Medical Center, and St. Francis Medical Center in 1989. He received additional training in adult reconstruction in the form of a fellowship at the Metropolitan Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in 1990.
Inspired at the age of eight by his uncle who helped Dr. Joseph's father, he pursued medicine. Eventually, he went into orthopaedics due to the encouragement of a mentor during his residency and his own interest in staying active. Outside of clinic and surgery, Dr. Joseph enjoys playing golf and tennis.
Dr. Joseph is available to see patients in Wichita at our East office.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Master of Arts: Bradley University, Peoria, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Colorado Anschutz School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, Wesley Medical Center, and St. Francis Medical Center, Wichita, KS
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Shriners Hospitals for Children, St. Louis, MO
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: Metropolitan Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Kansas Orthopaedic Society
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society, Inc.
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Kansas Medical Center
Important information regarding COVID-19, more commonly referred to as the Coronavirus Disease.x