You are here
Board-certified, fellowship-trained arthroplasty and adult reconstruction surgeon Dr. Mohamed Mahomed specializes in hip and knee replacement, knee arthroscopy, and injections as well as fracture care. He is also an expert in performing the Lapiplasty® Procedure for bunion correction. Dedicated to treating all of his patients as if they are his family or closest friends, Dr. Mahomed works with each patient individually, helping them choose the best treatment option that meets their goals and gets them back to an active lifestyle. He joined Kansas Joint & Spine Specialists in 2019.
In 1992, Dr. Mahomed received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. After medical school, he stayed in Toronto to complete a general and orthopaedic surgery internship at the Michael Garron/Toronto East General Hospital, which he finished in 1993. He went on to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency in 1998 at the University of Toronto. After his residency, he received additional training through a total joint and general orthopaedic fellowship at the University of Toronto in 1998 before going to Bern, Switzerland, and completing an arthroplasty and adult reconstruction fellowship at the University of Bern in 1999.
Outside of seeing patients at our practice, Dr. Mahomed goes on an annual mission trip to Honduras to provide surgery to those in need of surgical care. He has also helped build two elementary schools in Pakistan to educate children. In his free time, he enjoys traveling with his family, watching movies, and keeping active in his community by volunteering and helping refugees in Wichita resettle.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- General and Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: Michael Garron/Toronto East General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Total Joint and General Orthopaedic Fellowship: University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Arthroplasty and Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: University of Bern, M.E. Mueller – A.O., Bern, Switzerland
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Fellow
- Ascension Via Christi Hospital – St. Teresa
- Kansas Medical Center
- Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital
- Kansas Surgery & Recovery Center
- Wesley Medical Center